Scholarships are funds provided to undergraduate students on the basis of excellence in academics, financial need, leadership, diversity, service, etc. or a combination of multiple factors. Scholarships do not need to be repaid. Scholarships can come from federal, state, the University, or private sources.
Scholarships for Incoming Freshmen
- Scholarships available for incoming freshmen upon admission can be found on the Office of Admissions website.
- Out-of-state students considering Nebraska can estimate scholarships through the Out-of-State Scholarship Estimator.
- Apply for Leadership, Service, and Diversity Scholarships by submitting your Scholarship Statement.
- Many scholarship offers are made available through the generosity of donors.
Scholarships for Current Undergraduates
Continuing undergraduate students can apply for most scholarships available through a single scholarship application in MyRED.
- Beginning in mid- to late-November each year, enrolled students can apply for scholarships through the online Scholarship Application for Current Undergraduate Students for scholarships for the next academic year. This application deadline is February 1st.
- To apply, log into MYRED and select the Scholarship Application for Current Undergraduate Students. Submission of this online application allows you to be considered for scholarships awarded by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid and to have your information made available to your academic unit.
- The awarding of scholarships to current undergraduate students can be based on one or several of the following criteria: cumulative grade point average, financial need, a resume of activities, etc.
Scholarships for Incoming Transfer Students
- Scholarships available for incoming transfer students upon admission can be found on the Office of Admissions website.
Other Scholarship Resources
- Other Funding Agencies besides the financial assistance offered through our office, help is available from many other organizations as well. Awards may be based on place of residence, background, professional affiliations and/or field of study.
- ROTC Scholarships from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Air Force are awarded on a competitive basis to eligible students.
- Scholarship Search Programs Information on Scholarship Search Programs available to students.
- External Scholarships
For information about searching for and reporting scholarships from outside organizations, visit Receiving Additional Resources