Financial resources for emergencies may be available through funding in your academic unit or through the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA). In order to be considered for funds through the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, students can contact Husker Hub, the one-stop unit on campus that provides customer services to students for scholarships and financial aid, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 402-472-2030. Inquiring with Husker Hub is the first step to begin a holistic financial aid review by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid. Emergency assistance is typically determined based on the circumstances listed below. Emergency assistance can come in the form of scholarships, grants, and/or loans.
Consideration for emergency financial assistance in the form of an additional scholarships or financial aid is typically available to students who:
- Have experienced an acute and unexpected emergency,
- Are enrolled at least half-time status,
- Have exhausted other scholarship and financial aid options, including student loans, and explain the emergency situation to a Student Services Specialist in Husker Hub, and
- Are meeting financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress.
Typically, emergency financial assistance should be used to help pay for:
- Educational expenses for students with exceptional need and minimal financing options,
- Transportation expenses related to a family emergency or other extenuating circumstances,
- Basic living expenses needed due to exceptional circumstances,
- Emergency healthcare expenses not covered by insurance, and/or
- Other expenses based on extenuating circumstances as determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA).
Emergency aid shall be awarded only in accordance with federal and state rules and regulations.