This page includes scholarship and financial aid resources and information for students and families impacted by disruptions related to the 2019 Novel Coronavirus and COVID-19. Visit for campus announcements. On June 23, 2021, Chancellor Ronnie Green announced the Voluntary Vaccine Registry, Lottery and Fall Testing for Fall 2021, including prizes for those who register by August 15, 2021.

Staff in the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) continue to work to serve and process aid for students and the campus community. Student customer services regarding scholarships and financial aid are available through Husker Hub. Login for a virtual walk-inwith Husker HubMonday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., email, or call 402-472-2030.

Special Circumstances

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln will make every effort to mitigate financial burdens created by COVID-19. Students who have experienced or whose families have experienced changes in financial circumstances should contact Husker Hub and request a re-evaluation of your financial aid application. Each circumstance is unique and each student's situation will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis regarding our ability to meet emergency needs with additional financial aid or emergency aid.

Remote Learning Technology

If you do not have a personal computer to study, or a WiFi hotspot, you may request an increase in your cost of attendance (COA) for the cost of a computer or other hardware necessary to study. Increasing your COA permits the option of additional loans or other types of aid to cover such cost. A cost estimate or a copy of the purchase receipt can be submitted for review. To begin the review process to request an increase in your cost of attendance (COA), contact Husker Hub at or by phone at 402-472-2030. Additionally, you can check out digital equipment from the University Libraries or Information Technology Services, if interested.

University of Nebraska Information Technology Services (ITS) requires Two-Factor Authentication for all students. Students need to have a Two-Factor device. Students who do not have a smart phone can request a hardware token from ITS. There are also a limited number of MiFi devices available on campus to check out. If you are in need, please contact your retention leader, student success program, or registered student organization to inquire. In addition, there is WiFi access available on campus.

Emergency Broadband Benefit Program

The Emergency Broadband Benefit is a federal program (through the Federal Communications Commission, or FCC) to help households struggling to pay for internet service. This benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, and virtual classrooms. The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute $10-$50 toward the purchase price. The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.

Eligibility for the Emergency Broadband Benefit (meet one of the following)
  • Qualifies for the Lifeline program;
  • Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year;
  • Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
  • Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
  • Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers' existing low-income or COVID-19 program.

For more information on how to sign up for this benefit,

Nebraska Promise

The University wants to make sure that any Nebraskan who wants to get a college education can afford to do so by offering the Nebraska Promise program that covers undergraduate tuition at the University of Nebraska for students who meet academic qualifications and have a family income of $65,000 or less (Adjusted Gross Income or AGI) or are Pell Grant-eligible. File your FAFSA by June 1 each year to be considered and visit our Nebraska Promise FAQs page for more information.

CARES Act (Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security)

In March 2020, Congress enacted the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which was signed into law. For more information about the CARES Act and the University of Nebraska, visit For information on how the University of Nebraska-Lincoln distributed the fund to university and NCTA students, visit

CRRSA Act (Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations)

In December 2020, Congress enacted the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSA Act), which was signed into law. The CRRSA provides additional funding for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). On January 14, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education announced the student allocation portion of these supplemental funds. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln distribution of the student aid portion of this supplemental HEERF allocation was utilized similarly to the CARES Act distribution in 2020 for enrolled students.

American Rescue Plan (ARP)

On May 11, 2021, the U.S. Department of Education (ED) announced the student allocation of the third round of federal stimulus funding for higher education through the American Rescue Plan (ARP). This law also provides additional funding for the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF). Distribution plans for the 2021-2022 academic year will be announced at the beginning of the Fall 2021 semester.

Food and Housing Security

If you are unable to access affordable meals or housing, please visit our Food and Housing Security information page for additional resources. This page includes information about the campus food pantry, Husker Pantry, as well as information about the expanded SNAP (food stamp) eligibility for students due to COVID-19.

Former Students and Student Loan Repayment
  • The U.S. Department of Education (ED) announced that student loan borrowers' federal loan payments, as part of the President's executive order, will be automatically paused through December 2020, interest free, with no opt-in request needed. On January 20, 2021, at the request of President Biden, the Acting Secretary of Education extended the pause on federal student loan payments and collections and will keep the interest rate at 0% through the end of September 2021.
  • As the end of September approaches, former students who are in student loan repayment should plan accordingly and work with their student loan servicer regarding plans to begin making student loan payments again in October 2021. As of June 2021, there has been no announcements that the federal student loan payments would continue to be paused. It is important that you plan accordingly and do not miss a payment so you can avoid student loan delinquency and default.
Scholarship Donors and Friends of the University

If you want to help students through a generous contribution toward emergency resources, there are a variety of options available to help. Online gifts via the NU Foundation can be made via credit or debit card, and an electronic donation receipt will be emailed to you.