University Partners

Other Financial Assistance (OFA)

Any funds received by a student from the University or NU Foundation or due to their status as a student is considered financial assistance for the purpose of calculating financial aid eligibility, including scholarships, grants, awards, prizes, non-wage stipends, etc. Only certain types of funds received by a student are exempt, such as earned wages through non-need-based employment and reimbursement when the student is representing the University for business purposes. Assistance provided for a period of non-enrollment (<1 credit hour) is not approved by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) since it must count as financial assistance for the student's subsequently enrolled term and therefore could negatively affect future aid eligibility. For example, if a student receives funding for experiential learning over the summer without enrollment in 1 credit or more, that funding will count toward fall financial aid eligibility calculations under section 471, 472, and 480 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended and regulated under 34 CFR 673.5 and 685.102.

Scholarships and Fellowships

Students may receive financial assistance from campus units that require no service to the university as defined by Regents Policy 5.8.1. Grants-in-aid to graduate students requiring no service are termed "fellowships" and grants-in-aid to undergraduate students requiring no service are termed "scholarships." Scholarship administrators across campus units coordinate with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to offer and disburse scholarships through an established workflow process. Fellowship administrators across campus units coordinate with the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid via the Office of Graduate Studies to offer and disburse fellowships.

Verification of Information for Scholarships

The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid can provide information to donors (with the student's authorization) to verify scholarship eligibility, such as major, GPA, and enrollment. If you require a copy of the student's bill or class schedule, the student can access that through their MyRED account. If your organization is paying a student's bill as a payment (and not a scholarship), please visit the Student Accounts website regarding Third-Party Sponsorship.

Give Now to Student Scholarships

Want to donate to student scholarships? The Student Scholarships N Fund is one of the best ways to support student scholarships at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln through annual giving. This impactful approach allows you to make contributions to a priority fund that supports students directly in meeting their cost of attendance. The university would not be what it is today without the support of alumni and friends. Make your gift today to make a difference for Nebraska students.

Give Now to Student Scholarships

Information for Scholarship Donors

If you are a donor interested in establishing an endowed scholarship at Nebraska, contact the University of Nebraska Foundation. Scholarships held at the NU Foundation are considered institutional scholarships.

We also thank outside organizations who generously provide scholarships directly to Nebraska students. Donors from outside organizations can make scholarship checks payable or co-payable to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and mail to the following address:

Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
Attn: Scholarships
PO Box 880411
Lincoln, NE 68588

If you have specific requirements for the scholarship, please include a letter explaining the requirements for disbursement.

Information for Federal Work-Study Employers

Posting a Student Worker Position (Handshake)

  • Employers may work with University of Nebraska-Lincoln Career Services to post job opportunities. For more information, please visit

Supervisors of Work-Study Student Employees

  • For information on how to set up an eligible work-study student for hire, contact Payroll or work with your internal Human Resources contact.

Supervisors for America Reads and America Counts Tutors

  • Questions may be directed to the America Reads and America Counts Coordinator at or 402-472-3484