Appealing Your ScholarshipStudents who fail to meet initial scholarship eligibility or renewal criteria are ineligible to receive the corresponding scholarship, but may be awarded or reinstated through a successful appeal.
- Initial scholarship eligibility may be appealed if a student has experienced relevant extenuating circumstances they feel caused them to not receive an award.
- Continuing scholarship eligibility may be appealed if a student did not meet renewal criteria and has experienced relevant extenuating circumstances they feel caused them not to renew the award. If successfully appealed, students must continue on scholarship probation. Scholarship criteria are reviewed according to the terms and conditions the student received upon being awarded.
I. Appeal ProcessStudents are expected to write a narrative explaining why they were unable to qualify for the scholarship or maintain eligibility that was outside of their control and what corrective measures the student has taken to address those issues. In addition, current undergraduate students must meet with an academic advisor to complete a two-semester academic plan.
- Scholarship appeals are reviewed by a committee on a case-by-case basis.
- Incomplete appeals will delay review as the committee will only review complete appeals.
- The committee may request additional or updated information before making a decision.
- Appeal processing typically takes 2-3 weeks to review.
- Appeal decisions by the committee are final and not subject to further review within the same academic year.
- For denied appeals, students may meet with their financial aid adviser to discuss options for funding their education and eligibility criteria for re-appealing in the future.
II. Probationary PeriodStudents whose appeals are approved may be given a semester or a year to improve their qualitative (grade point average) and/or quantitative (credit accumulation) components for reconsideration to reinstate their scholarship. Probationary periods may vary on a case by case basis.
III. Re - Appeal ProcessAfter at least one full academic year (fall, spring, and summer) since appealing students who now meet renewal criteria will be eligible to re-appeal.
- Students must complete the appeal form
- Submit a typed narrative outlining the specific steps taken to maintain their current academic profile.
IIII. Appeal FormsIf you have relevant extenuating circumstances and would like to be considered in the scholarship awarding process, please click on the button that matches your circumstances below for the appeal form (please note: review of 2019 Spring appeals will not begin until January 3, 2019 and transcripts must include fall grades):
2018-2019 Reinstatement of Eligibility
2018-2019 Leave of Absence
2018-2019 Now Meeting Renewal
2019-2020 Incoming Freshman
- As part of the appeal process, current undergraduate students are required to submit a two-semester academic plan. Please click on the button below to access the form: